Thursday, February 24, 2011

Monday February 21, 2011

It’s the start of a new week!  I’m thinking I’m going to start adding up my calories soon to see what I am actually eating a day.  I’m not sure that I will start doing that this week, but I may at least think it.  This is my last week of almonds for a while.  I think after I give those up, it will be easier for me to keep track of my calories.  I don’t always count the almonds I eat; I just normally eat a handful and go about my day.  I think if I diligently note what I’m eating, I will notice a change on the scales.


I was inspired to stop eating almonds when a friend of mine asked me what I was giving up for Lent the other day.  I don’t think I’ve ever done that before in my life.  She said that some people might give up cussing, or watching television, or some sort of food that you overindulge in too often.  So, I thought about it and if she can do it, I think I can too!  I love being challenged sometimes so I decided that beginning next Wednesday, I am going to give up almonds.  Until then, I will eat them as I always do!!  Just like the diet drinks, I need you all to hold me to the no almond promise!! 

This morning I woke up at 5am and for breakfast I had some low-fat cottage cheese with blueberries on top and a few almonds.
From 6-7am, I took TASK class.  And from 7-8am, I took a yoga class.  I loved the yoga today!  It is always a great way to start my day!! 

Around 8:20am, I had coffee and at 9:15am, I ate egg whites with low-fat cheddar cheese on top.

I left the house around 10:30 for my 11am writing session.  The session was awesome today!  In the middle of the session (around 12:30-1) I had ½ of a turkey sandwich on multi-grain bread with hummus and mustard on it.  I also had a few of Stacey’s multigrain pita chips. 

Around 3:30pm, I was still working on new music at the studio and started getting hungry so I had a Luna Bar.  I am so accustomed to eating the Think Thin bars now that the Luna tasted different to me.  It was good, but I need to get back used to eating them.  I bought a few of them the other day.

At 5pm, I left the studio for the gym again.  On the way there, I had some almonds.  From 6-7pm, I took kickboxing class.  It was a little warm in the gym tonight, which made class hard.  I was pretty sweaty on my drive back home tonight.

I probably got back home around 8:15pm tonight and Mama had baked some tilapia from Costco for us!  We also had a side salad!  It was a great dinner!  I’m going to have a couple of cocoa almonds for dessert and then heading to bed soon. It’s about 10:30pm and I’m feeling like I might be catching Mama’s cough from last week so I must get some rest.

It was an awesome day!  Gnite everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment