Saturday, February 19, 2011

Thursday February 17, 2011

Today I slept in a little bit.  I actually woke up at 5am and decided that I was going to sleep another hour or so and take chains class tonight.
So, I got up around 7am and ate breakfast.  I had an egg white omelet with turkey sausage, and low-fat cheddar cheese in it for breakfast.

I was in meetings today from about 9am-2pm so I packed a protein bar in my bag and some almonds just in case I got hungry throughout the day. 

Around noon, my meeting moved to the Bread & Company and we had lunch.  I created my own salad there. My salad was built from romaine lettuce, grilled chicken, tomato, cucumber, sliced almonds, sun-dried tomato, artichoke hearts, and fat free vinaigrette salad dressing. I had unsweetened ice tea with it.  The salad was pretty good!!!  I ate almost the whole thing!! 


We finished lunch and talking around 2pm and I headed back home to do some computer work and get ready for chains class.  I had hoped to get in a 3 mile run before class but I ran out of time. 

Around 4pm, I ate my think thin protein bar and drank water. 

At 5:30pm, I headed to the gym for chains class.  I arrived a little early so I just sat in the car and listened to music.  I probably should’ve gone in the gym and done some extra time on the treadmill, but I opted for staying and listening to some new songs!


Class started at 6:30pm. It normally ends around 7:30pm but we probably walked out around 7:50pm tonight.  This was the last chains class for this 6-week session so it was the most difficult one we’ve had. We had 7 different circuit wall stations and within each station we had 3 different exercises.  We did the three exercises within each station, 3 times each, for a total of 9 exercises.  One round was one minute each, the next round was 45 seconds each, and the last was 30 seconds each.  We did all 9 exercises in each station before we rotated to the next station.  We did that entire process 7 times.  I am actually glad I didn’t run before this class now because we had plenty of cardio stations in this workout.  Some of the cardio bursts were squat jumps, punching a kickboxing bag, burpees, etc!  Our strength training focused on total body and a few exercises were pull-ups, chin-ups, hamstring dead lifts, push-ups, front right/left leg lunges, triceps dips, kettle bell swings, etc.  It was a tough class!  I was pretty much soaked when I left.

I got home between 8:30 - 9pm and ate a black bean, white meat chicken salad from Calypso Café.  I didn’t eat it all because I wasn’t that hungry after that workout.  Then I had a couple cocoa almonds because I wanted something sweet! 

It’s 10:30pm now and I HAVE got to sleep!  5am is going to be here soon!!  


Today ended up being a pretty good day.  I was disappointed in myself for sleeping in, but I made up for that in class tonight!!

No comments:

Post a Comment