It sure was hard to wake up this morning!!
After only 5 hours of sleep last night, I woke up at 5:15am and left for the gym at 5:30am.
I grabbed water for my workout, Diet Mountain Dew, and I heated up a Morningstar sausage patty to eat on my drive to the gym.
My 6am class today was called T.A.S.K (Teamwork-Agility-Strength-Kinesis).
In TASK we had about a 10- minute warm-up and then a 15- station circuit that we completed two times. Each station was 45 seconds long and we had a 15 second rest period between each station.There were so many stations that I’m not sure if I can remember all of them but here are a few:
- Squat press
- Stair running
- Forward lunge on both legs w/squat thrust
- A shoulder exercise (hold weights in both hands with your arms out to each side and make little circles)
- Hamstring curl w/the ball
- Right & left side glute bridges
- Ladder drill
- Leg flutters (for lower abdominals)
- Squats holding and pushing out a weighted medicine ball
- Floor plank (rotated our body weight from right arm to left arm while holding plank)
- Ball plank (hold plank on a ball and with control, roll the ball forwards and backwards for abdominals).
I know I am leaving out some of the exercises in this rotation but that’s the majority of the ones that we did.
After the rotation we took a few minutes for some leg exercises. We did 24 regular squats, 24 lunges, 24 lunge jumps, and 24 squat jumps.
After TASK class, I stayed for yoga class from 7-8am.
I went home after class and ate breakfast around 9am. I had egg whites and reduced fat cheddar cheese.
At around 1pm, I had the other ½ of my entrée from Cheesecake Factory on Sunday. I had tomato slices, spinach, and a grilled chicken breast. I also had a few almonds and water to drink.
Around 4:30pm, I had more almonds. I love the sea salt almonds from Costco and Cocoa flavored almonds. I switch back and forth between the two.
I did kickboxing class between 6-7pm. Class tonight was really difficult! Anita always mixes it up for us so it’s NEVER easy! I keep telling her she needs to make an exercise video because her classes are SO AWESOME!
I got home at around 7:45pm and I wasn’t really hungry. I decided to eat a few almonds and a little bit of Mama’s Mexican casserole that I had the other day.
Oh, and I probably should get more sleep at night!!
I was really feeling how tired I am today!