Sunday, February 6, 2011

Friday February 4th 2011

Today it was hard for me to get out of the bed. I think I finally got up at 5:20am, got dressed, and headed out the door with a diet mountain dew and half of a 'think-thin' protein bar.

I left the house at 5:30am for the gym and arrived at 6am.

Today's class was from 6 -7am and was called 'Sick Monkey'!  And let me tell you, it's so hard it almost makes you sick.  
'Sick Monkey' is a class based on the “cross-fit” style of training.  We do lots of reps of each exercise and with each round the number of reps decreases. For example, our first round was 21 reps of squats, 21 forward/backward lunges, 21 pull-ups, 21 push-ups. The 2nd round was 16 of the same thing, and the 3rd round was 9 of the same thing. We also did a relay type race today. The class split up into two teams and each individual went one at a time down the gym floor doing frog leaps, duck walks, and plate pushes. 
After the relay, we did floor abdominal work!!

I stayed at the gym for 30-45 more minutes after class to do another circuit with one of my girlfriends. We did 45 seconds of rows, 45 seconds of lateral raises, 45 seconds of left/right side lunges, more push-ups, and 45 second cardio bursts in between the strength sets. Cardio bursts were jumping jacks, squat jumps, and we added the elliptical trainer in there too!  We repeated the entire rotation twice! Today was definitely a tough workout but I loved it! I drank water throughout class and workout!

After I got home from the workout (around 9am) I made myself some egg whites and had low fat cheddar cheese in them! I drank coffee with 2 splenda!!

Today, I wrote songs for most of the day so I didn't have much time to eat lunch. At 2:30pm I was pretty hungry so I had the other half of my think thin protein bar.

I got home around 4pm and by that time I was pretty hungry so I had a grilled chicken salad with citrus vinaigrette and had water to drink. It was SUCH an awesome salad!  


Tonight, Mama and I went out and ended up at Carrabba’s Italian Grill at 9pm!  We ate dinner late. I ordered the Sicilian chicken soup without pasta in it. It was so great but I kinda messed up because Mama ordered a spinach and cheese appetizer and I ate a little of that with bread! Fresh hot bread is a weakness of mine!  I drank unsweetened tea for dinner!

It’s about midnight now and I’m heading to bed. I feel great about the day except for the bread tonight! I'm hoping my willpower will give me at least one perfect eating day coming up!  I have to get it together and be very disciplined if I want to meet my goals!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Julie,
    Thank you for blogging about your journey. It's motivating to read. I too am working on getting into better shape. I'll be getting up at 5am each morning too. Thanks for being a motivator and look forward to following your blog! What is a chain workout by the way?
    Lindsay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you're doing great Julie, Keep going! Have you ever tried Vitamin Water Zero? I've started drinking it instead of Diet Dr.Pepper and I feel so much better! The Peach kind is amazing!!

    Brittany

    ReplyDelete